REACH will conduct a lottery if applications exceed the enrollment cap. To apply Parents/legal guardians/caretaker use the application button on our website or call 541-299-0299 will thereby qualify their student(s) as an applicant for the school.
If necessary, a lottery will be conducted at a place, date and time to be determined and will be open to the public. The date, time, and location of the lottery will be publicized on the REACH website. The lottery will be conducted by the school office manager and will be attended by an administrator and one outside observer, as is required by the lottery regulations. If a lottery is to be held, caretakers of applicants will be notified of the lottery date, time, and place by email no later than five (5) business days in advance of the lottery.
- Complete and submit an application through the ‘Apply button’.
- If you are in grades 9-12, email a current transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax it to 541.299.0298.
- Once approved for enrollment, a student and a parent will be required to attend a New Student Orientation at the REACH Campus in Rogue River.
- The New Student Orientation can take up to 2 hours. At orientation, a student checks out a Surface Tablet and also meets several REACH staff members. Students also complete 4 tutorials explaining how REACH works, how to communicate to staff, how to access curriculum, etc.
Email or call with questions email@example.com or @ 541.299.0299
REACH admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, and other school-administered programs.
- How much does REACH cost?
A. REACH is a free public charter school and is publicly funded by the Oregon Department of Education. The only cost incurred by a family is the cost to provide internet connection from home.
- Can I be enrolled in REACH and another school/program at the same time?
A. No. When students enroll in REACH, students become full-time students of REACH and are expected to participate in curriculum for all 4 disciplines (Math, Language Arts, Science and Social Studies) along with elective courses.
- Do I have to live in Rogue River School District to enroll in REACH?
A. No. While all charters in the State of Oregon must be sponsored by a school district, enrollment is not restricted to students from that district. Rogue River School District sponsors REACH, however, REACH provides services to students who reside within a 50-mile radius of the Rogue River School District, serving students and families in Douglas, Josephine, and Jackson Counties.
- Are all of the teachers at REACH licensed?
A. Yes, teachers are licensed through State of Oregon: Teacher Standards and Practices Commission.
- Are students of REACH required to participate in State Testing?
A. Yes. As a public school, students enrolled in REACH are also expected to participate in state testing.
- Is REACH accredited?
A. Yes. REACH is accredited by AdvancED, the regional school accreditation agency.
We are happy to answer any other questions you may have.