“Achieving academic excellence through personalized learning, and parent, teacher, community partnerships.”
REACH offers a partnership between families, community, and public education that is performance & standards-based, personalized learning, supported by the principles of multiple intelligence, service learning, college & career readiness to students in grades K-12.
REACH School is based on the belief that learning best occurs when:
- A caring adult is actively involved (parent)
- The student’s learning styles are addressed
- Real-life context-based learning is emphasized
- Enrichment occurs through field trips, apprenticeships, small group classes, technology, etc.
- Schooling is done without walls
- Students are intrinsically motivated
At the heart of our program are our Academic Advisory Teachers formerly referred to as Education Specialists (ESs) and site-based teachers. In partnership with our parents, they help REACH fulfill its vision.